Hey All!

Just would like to welcome you all to read my blog I am going to start about the adventures I have with my horse, Tango (he's "The Redneck"). I'm sure horse lovers, or even people who just like to laugh at the misfortunes of others (don't lie, we all do it everynow and then) may enjoy reading this. I hope my words can be a blessing and encouragement to you! Happy Trails!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Proof There is a God

Yesterday, yes yesterday the day it was cold out and slightly raining, I went for another ride on Tango.  I got a ride from my older sister (I'll get my license soon, I promise Alyssa) out to the Randals'.  When I got there my darling horse saw me coming and started making his way up to the barn.
By the time I had his oats in the feed bin in his stall and the barn door open he was waiting for me to open the gate for him.  He walked on in, as if he had been doing this his whole life (horses learn fast when it pertains to food, I think it has something to do with their brains being located in their stomachs, haha).
I saddled him up and got myself ready for the overcast weather outside. I put on my black, felt cowboy hat, chaps and the rain slicker that Mrs Randal was nice enough to lend to me.  I took a deep breath and breathed in the smell of straw, oats, leather and horse hair. Don't know what it is about wearing a cowboy hat and slicker but it makes you feel ready for an adventure.
So I led Tango out of the barn and carefully skirted around the skunk trap Mr Randal had set.  Bailing on we decided to do some exploring.  Again pointing ourselves north we started off at a laid back walk.  We did a little bit of a slow jog in the hail field then took a gate into what the Randals call their "back forty".  It wasn't long before I was breathless, the riding was beautiful.
There was a moment where I wasn't so sure because I came to a place where I had to choose between fording the river or somehow making it over a very large fallen log.  After getting off my horse (I concluded it would be the safest call to either turn back or find a way to get around the log) and investigating I found that there was a small cattle trail that went around the edge of the log giving me about a foot and a half of space to go around the log, not alot when you are on a horse.
So getting on Tango again I coaxed him to go around.  We followed the trail through the tall golden grass as I admired the yellowing leaves and the trickling river accented with a fair sized beaver damn.  Then going through a little dip in the trees I came out and was at the foot of a large river valley hill.  Being the awful slave driver that I am I encouraged Tango to climb the hill. He huffed and puffed, and somehow found the breath to groan a few times.  Then when we came to a little flat spot near the top we stopped and turned around.
The words to describe the view are few.  However when I looked at it's beauty I thought to myself "this is proof there is a God and the fact that I get to see this is proof that he loves me enough to share it's beauty".  I could see almost all the valley before it's lengths disappeared around the curves.  To my left I could see the Randal's house and their outbuildings.  Past that was cattle on some fields.  Ahead of me was a brilliant green alfalfa field, its color softened by the mist.  Sighing at the beautiful sight I gave a smile and then headed back down the hill, out the gate and back to the barn.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I loved that post. Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I'm so glad you get to ride a beautiful horse and see God's glory in the world he has created.

    ReplyDelete